Job Opportunities - Business Administrator
Business Administrator Position
The Business Administrator works within the directives of the Lead Pastor and the Finance Core Team . The Business Administrator fulfills the fiduciary and compliance responsibilities of the church, while performing or overseeing all daily financial tasks.
- Accounts reconciliation, cash-flow management, loan management, management of stock donations, and benefits liaison.
- Communicate the corporate financial realities of the church in a clear manner. Convey the state of church finances for clergy, staff and lay leadership utilizing tools of print and digital communication.
- Document data necessary to complete specific job responsibilities as listed below and those that may emerge as negotiated with Lead Pastor and Finance Core Team.
- Perform statistical analysis to complete financial reports listed in specific responsibilities listed below and those that may emerge as negotiated with Lead Pastor and the Finance Core Team.
- Primary communication liaison with Conference Treasurer’s Office (including annual reporting) and vendors in service to the church on matters of payment and contract interpretation (not signatory).
- Primary interpretive resource to pastors, staff and leaders on all matters pertaining to budget development and maintenance, including, but not limited to, budget line items, payroll, and benefits.
- Work as primary resource with Lead Pastor, Finance Core Team, Guidance Board, and others as designated by Lead Pastor, toward visionary improvements in all matters of infrastructure stewardship.
Education: Bachelor Degree or demonstrated equivalency
Experience: Demonstrated success in accounting/financial position.
Non-profit experience helpful
- Computer proficiency (Excel, Quickbooks, Outlook, Internet)
- Demonstrated confidentially
- Organizational and personal sensitivity
- Assertiveness and ability to problem-solve independently and with a team
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to delegate and coordinate activities with volunteers
- Demonstrated organizational and accountability skills.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20,000.00 to $26,000.00 /year
- Outlook: 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Preferred)
- Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- Nonprofit: 1 year (Preferred)
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Paid time off
This job will require you to pass a background check: