Ministry and Service Opportunities
Responding to Congregational and Community Needs
Meals on Wheels
Can you help? Chapel Hill delivers meals for one week every six weeks. With enough volunteers, the commitment would be one morning during that week. Each shift is approximately 2 hours. For more details, questions or to volunteer, please contact John Mason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Coffee News - Can You Help?
Volunteers Needed! Do you have a few extra minutes on a Sunday morning? The team in charge of the coffee cart could use your help! We could use people to refill the pots, restock the cookies, and help with clean up. We could occasionally also like to offer homemade cookies or some other treats. What can you do to be a part of this practical aspect of hospitality? Please email Rich Sachwitz at email@example.com to sign up!
Chip in Your Change! Like coffee? Drink hot chocolate? Tea? Love PCHUM’s coffee cart? We’re so glad you enjoy it! Please remember, though, that it costs about 50 cents for each cup of coffee, and over 30 cents for each cup of cocoa or tea. Anything you can put, even a little bit, in the “donate” cup would be much appreciated!
Volunteer for The Shepherd's Center
The Shepherd's Center desperately needs volunteer drivers to help independent seniors who can no longer drive and need your help in getting to doctor's appointments. The Center can accommodate your schedule. Please call The Shepherd's Center at 269-383-1122 for more information.
Ushers Needed for 11:30am New Life worship service
Please contact Rich Weill at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information on how to serve as an Usher
Ministry with Community
The Third Sunday of the Month is the scheduled time for Chapel Hill to serve lunch at Ministry with Community. Volunteers are needed to fully staff the meal service. We begin table setting around noon, and then food preparation as needed. Our service to the Members is from 1:30 to 2:30pm. If you would like to be part of this ministry, please contact George Dunn, 269-720-1526, or email@example.com, additional information. There are tasks for everyone. The only stipulation is that you must be over the age of 13.
Opportunities to help refugee families in the Kalamazoo/Portage area
1. If you want to be a FOSTER PARENT/FAMILY to a refugee child or teen: Nancy @ 269.389.9542
2. If you want to be a HOST FAMILY to a young adult refugee male: Nancy @ 269.389.9542
3. If you want to be an ESL (English as a Second Language) TUTOR to a young adult refugee: Kuse @ 610.425.0412
4. If you want to be an ESL (English as a Second Language) TUTOR to a refugee family: Afifa @ 269.903.5294, or Aram @ 517.2855719
5. If you want to be a MENTOR to a refugee child or teen: Valerie @ 269.303.9123
6. If you want to help TRANSPORT refugees to appointments: Afifa @269.903.5294
7. If you want to donate FURNITURE, household goods, bunk beds, for refugee families: Claudia-- firstname.lastname@example.org
8. If you want to donate money to buy ESL BOOKS for tutoring English to refugees: Afifa-- email@example.com or Vicki-- firstname.lastname@example.org