Ministry and Service Opportunities
Responding to Congregational and Community Needs
Work Projects – Update
Hooray! Several folks have claimed a work project this summer!
We extend our thanks to:
--Tonya Boot and Chris Cartner for tending the memorial garden
--Chris Cartner for cleaning and organizing the Parsonage storage building
--Sue Ransbottom and Cheryl Barber for weeding and mulching the youth house flower beds
--Andrea and Kristen Tramel for weeding the CHUM Preschool play area this summer
Donations Needed for The VA
As our Parish Nurse, Jan Manske continues her work at the Battle Creek VA Medical Center on the psychiatric unit, she is collecting supplies that the veterans require but which are not provided by the hospital. Donations can be placed in the bin in the Narthex and items are for both men and women, ages 18-80 and include: Hairbrushes, Conditioner, Hats - both knit & ball caps, Wide-toothed combs, Socks - fuzzy with grips & regular, Body wash, Tee shirts, Alcohol-free deodorant, Gloves, Thin-lined markers, Sweatshirts & sweatpants, Tank tops.
Coffee News - Can You Help?
Volunteers Needed! Do you have a few extra minutes on a Sunday morning? The team in charge of the coffee cart could use your help! We could use people to refill the pots, restock the cookies, and help with clean up. We could occasionally also like to offer homemade cookies or some other treats. What can you do to be a part of this practical aspect of hospitality? Please email email@example.com to sign up!
Volunteer for The Shepherd's Center
The Shepherd's Center desperately needs volunteer drivers to help independent seniors who can no longer drive and need your help in getting to doctor's appointments. The Center can accommodate your schedule. Please call The Shepherd's Center at 269-383-1122 for more information.
Ministry with Community
The Third Sunday of the Month is the scheduled time for Chapel Hill to serve lunch at Ministry with Community. Volunteers are needed to fully staff the meal service. We begin table setting around noon, and then food preparation as needed. Our service to the Members is from 1:30 to 2:30pm. If you would like to be part of this ministry, please contact George Dunn, 269-720-1526, or firstname.lastname@example.org, additional information. There are tasks for everyone. The only stipulation is that you must be over the age of 13.
Opportunities to help refugee families in the Kalamazoo/Portage area
1. If you want to be a FOSTER PARENT/FAMILY to a refugee child or teen: Nancy @ 269.389.9542
2. If you want to be a HOST FAMILY to a young adult refugee male: Nancy @ 269.389.9542
3. If you want to be an ESL (English as a Second Language) TUTOR to a young adult refugee: Kuse @ 610.425.0412
4. If you want to be an ESL (English as a Second Language) TUTOR to a refugee family: Afifa @ 269.903.5294, or Aram @ 517.2855719
5. If you want to be a MENTOR to a refugee child or teen: Valerie @ 269.303.9123
6. If you want to help TRANSPORT refugees to appointments: Afifa @269.903.5294
7. If you want to donate FURNITURE, household goods, bunk beds, for refugee families: Claudia-- email@example.com
8. If you want to donate money to buy ESL BOOKS for tutoring English to refugees: Afifa-- firstname.lastname@example.org or Vicki-- email@example.com