Chapel Hill Kids' Choir - every Wednesday at 6 pm
All kids in Preschool - 9th grade are invited to check out Chapel Hill's Kids' Choir, which meets Wednesdays from 6 - 7 pm. The choirs perform a song about once per month during Sunday morning worship, as well as help to lead the Family worship service on Christmas Eve. Please contact Director of Children's Ministries Andrea Trantham at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Rehearsals have begun for the Christmas Eve presentation of "No Ordinary Night" - 4 pm on Saturday, December 24. Please contact Andrea if your young person would like to participate!
Nursery, Children In Worship, and Children's Sunday School
Portage Chapel Hill Church welcomes all children into this Safe Place. All activities involving minors are chaperoned by two non-related adults who have been "Safe Place-Certified." To gain this certification, adult volunteers have been background checked and interviewed by a team from the church. To learn more about Safe Place Certification, please contact Director of Children's Ministries Andrea Trantham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nursery for infants and toddlers is available Sunday mornings
in Room 205 from 9 am - Noon
- The Nursery is a place for infants and toddlers to play while their adults are in Worship or Christian Education. When kids are checked in to the nursery, a way to contact adults will be arranged so that they can quickly be notified of any issues. Portage Chapel Hill's nursery is a snack-free space.
Children In Worship
- Kids in Pre-K - 4th grade are welcome for Children In Worship during the 11 am worship service each Sunday. All kids are invited to Room 109 at 11 am, on the lower level of the church building, for special worship just for them. They will begin as a group and then split into smaller groups based on age. The kids will be returned to the Sanctuary to join their families before the end of the worship service.
During the 9 am worship service each week, Director of Children's Ministries Andrea Trantham invites kids up front for a brief Children's Time message. Afterward, kids may go back to sit with their families, or check out the Chapel Hill "Prayground."
- All kids who remain in the Sanctuary with their families during worship services are welcome to explore the coloring pages, puzzles, and small crafts available on the "Prayground" tables at the back right corner of the Sanctuary. Adults who wish to stay close are invited to sit in the chairs closest to the prayground. Portage Chapel Hill is a church which honors the value of children in all worship spaces!
Children's Sunday School - Sundays at 10 am
- Preschool - 4th graders are invited to Sunday School in Room 109, on the lower level of the church building, at 10 am each Sunday. Kids will begin this time together as a group, then break out into age-appropriate small groups. Adults may pick up their kids at 11 am from Room 109, or kids may stick around for Children in Worship at 11 am. All kids will be returned to sit with their families in the Sanctuary before the end of the 11 am worship service.
Club 56 begins - Sundays at 10 am
- Kids in 5th and 6th grades are at that special age between little kids and Confirmation, and Club 56 is just for them. All 5th and 6th graders are invited to join the Club at 10 am each Sunday in Room 116.
If you have any questions about the Children's Ministries at Portage Chapel Hill,
please contact Andrea Trantham at email@example.com.