Vacation Bible School 2022
Join us for Discovery on Adventure Island!
- Beginner's VBS for kids in Preschool - Kindergarten is June 27 - July 1 from 10 am - Noon
- VBS for kids in 1st - 6th grades is July 11 - 14 from 6 - 8 pm
- CLICK HERE for more information and to register!
Nursery, Children In Worship, and Children's Sunday School
Portage Chapel Hill Church welcomes all children into this Safe Place. All church activities involving minors are chaperoned by two non-related adults who have been "Safe Place-Certified." To gain this certification, adult volunteers have been background checked and interviewed by a team from the church. To learn more about Safe Place Certification, please contact Director of Children's Ministry Andrea Trantham at email@example.com.
Nursery for infants and toddlers is available Sunday mornings in Room 205 from 10 - 11 am
- The Nursery is a place for infants and toddlers to play while their adults are in Worship. When kids are checked in to the nursery, a way to contact adults will be arranged so that they can quickly be notified of any issues. Portage Chapel Hill's nursery is a snack-free space.
Children In Worship
- Kids in Pre-K - 4th grade are welcome for Children In Worship during the 10 am worship hour each Sunday. They will start in the Sanctuary with their families for the beginning of the worship service and the first couple songs. Director of Children's Ministries Andrea Trantham will give a brief Children's Time message, after which kids are invited downstairs to Room 109 for a special worship service designed just for them. Adults may pick up their kids downstairs after the worship service.
- Any kids who prefer to remain in the Sanctuary with their families during the 10 am worship service are welcome to explore the coloring pages, puzzles, and small crafts available on the pray-ground tables near the back of the Sanctuary. Adults who wish to stay close are invited to sit in the chairs closest to the pray-ground. Portage Chapel Hill is a church which honors the value of children in all spaces!
Children's Sunday School - currently on summer break!
- Preschool - 6th graders are invited to Sunday School in Room 109, on the lower level of the church building, at 11 am each Sunday. Kids will begin this time together as a group, then break out into age-appropriate small groups. Adults may pick up their kids in Room 109 at Noon. Children's Sunday School is currently on summer break.
If you have any questions about the Children's Ministries at Portage Chapel Hill,
please contact Andrea Trantham at firstname.lastname@example.org.