What to expect for your kids on Sunday mornings:
- Nursery for infants and toddlers is available from 9 am - Noon each Sunday in Room 205.
- During 9 am Worship, all kids who are not in the nursery may worship in the Sanctuary with their families. There is a brief Children's Time message during the first half of the worship service, and kids are invited up front to listen to the message. Throughout the service, all kids are welcome to explore the "prayground" on the back right side of the Sanctuary. There are puzzles, small crafts, and coloring pages to keep kids occupied. Chapel Hill is a welcoming space for all kids - even if they are noisy, we love the energy they bring!
- At 10 am is Christian Education for all ages. Infants and toddlers may stay in the nursery, while preschoolers - high schoolers meet for Sunday School on the lower level of the church building.
- Children in Worship for Preschool - 4th graders happens at 11 am. Kids who have been in Sunday School since 10 am are welcome to stay, and kids who are just arriving at 11 am are invited to Room 109, on the lower level of the church building for a special worship experience just for them. Kids older than 4th grade may worship in the Sanctuary with their families, but there is no Children's Time message during the 11 am worship service. The "prayground" space in the Sanctuary is always available during worship, and again, Chapel Hill welcomes all kids in worship, no matter how chatty!
Children's Choir for Palm Sunday, April 2
All kids in Preschool - 6th grade are invited to sing in the Children's Choir
on Palm Sunday, April 2 during the 11 am worship service.
Rehearsals are Sundays at 11 am during Children in Worship in Room 109.
Contact Andrea at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Pre-K - Kindergarten: June 26 - 29
CLICK HERE for all the details!
Nursery for infants and toddlers is available Sunday mornings
in Room 205 from 9 am - Noon
- The Nursery is a place for infants and toddlers to play while their adults are in Worship or Christian Education. When kids are checked in to the nursery, a way to contact adults will be arranged so that they can quickly be notified of any issues. Portage Chapel Hill's nursery is a snack-free space.
Children In Worship
- Kids in Pre-K - 4th grade are welcome for Children In Worship during the 11 am worship service each Sunday. All kids are invited to Room 109 at 11 am, on the lower level of the church building, for special worship just for them. They will begin as a group and then split into smaller groups based on age. The kids will be returned to the Sanctuary to join their families before the end of the worship service.
During the 9 am worship service each week, Director of Children's Ministries Andrea Trantham invites kids up front for a brief Children's Time message. Afterward, kids may go back to sit with their families, or check out the Chapel Hill "Prayground."
- All kids who remain in the Sanctuary with their families during worship services are welcome to explore the coloring pages, puzzles, and small crafts available on the "Prayground" tables at the back right corner of the Sanctuary. Adults who wish to stay close are invited to sit in the chairs closest to the prayground. Portage Chapel Hill is a church which honors the value of children in all worship spaces!
Children's Sunday School - Sundays at 10 am
- Preschool - 4th graders are invited to Sunday School in Room 109, on the lower level of the church building, at 10 am each Sunday. Kids will begin this time together as a group, then break out into age-appropriate small groups. Adults may pick up their kids at 11 am from Room 109, or kids may stick around for Children in Worship at 11 am. All kids will be returned to sit with their families in the Sanctuary before the end of the 11 am worship service.
Club 56 - Sundays at 10 am
- Kids in 5th and 6th grades are at that special age between little kids and Confirmation, and Club 56 is just for them. All 5th and 6th graders are invited to join the Club at 10 am each Sunday in Room 116.
Portage Chapel Hill Church welcomes all children into this Safe Place. All activities involving minors are chaperoned by two non-related adults who have been "Safe Place-Certified." To gain this certification, adult volunteers have been background checked and interviewed by a team from the church. To learn more about Safe Place Certification, please contact Director of Children's Ministries Andrea Trantham.
If you have any questions about the Children's Ministries at Portage Chapel Hill,
please contact Andrea Trantham at email@example.com.