Our COVID Policy
March 15, 2022
In response to recent changes in CDC guidance and decreased community spread in Kalamazoo County, Portage Chapel Hill is modifying our current controls for prevention of spread of COVID-19. Beginning immediately, masking will be optional.
To continue to ensure a safe environment for all, please comply with the following controls when at Portage Chapel Hill Church:
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home.
- All persons who are eligible are expected to be vaccinated and are encouraged to get boosters as recommended.
- All persons should refrain from hand shaking and should regularly use hand sanitizer or wash hands in the facilities provided.
- Persons should maintain 6’ physical distance between family groups where able.
- Persons should get tested if you have symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19.
All are welcome to wear masks if they are more comfortable doing so and are encouraged to ask others to do so as well or ask them to maintain 6’ feet distance. If someone in the building requests you to wear a mask, we ask that you treat them respectfully and have a mask with you to comply; this is part of being a loving community. In addition, we will continue to offer our virtual church options if you choose to stay home for any reason.
We will not yet be reopening our hospitality area for coffee, tea, cocoa and cookies. Our hospitality team will be meeting to assess how to best meet our needs for welcoming people into the building. In addition, our hospitality team is looking for new people to join them! If you have a passion for welcoming people to our church, please contact Pastor Jess for more information about how you can get involved.
Thank you and God bless!
Portage Chapel Hill Staff and Guidance Board