Discipleship For All Ages
Summer is here, and many groups and classes are on summer break, or have a different schedule in the summer. If you have questions about Chapel Hill's summer class schedule please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (269) 327-6643.
- Nursery for infants and toddlers is available from 10 - 11 am every Sunday (including summertime) in Room 205 on the upper level of the church building.
- Children In Worship happens during 10 am worship (including summertime) for kids in Preschool—4th grade. Kids will start in the Sanctuary with their families for the beginning of the worship service, then they are invited downstairs to Room 109 after the Children’s Time message. Adults may pick up their kids in Room 109 after worship, or they may stay for the Sunday School hour.
- Sunday School for kids in Preschool—6th grade happens at 11 am in Room 109. The group will start this time together and then go to smaller break-out groups based on age. Adults are asked to pick up their kids from Room 109 at Noon. Currently on summer break.
- For more information about Children's Ministries please CLICK HERE or contact Chapel Hill's Director of Children's Ministries Andrea Trantham.
- Confirmation for youth in 7th—8th grade is at 11 am in Rooms 114/115, on the lower level of the church building. For more information about Confirmation please contact Pastor Jess Davenport. Currently on summer break.
- Senior High Sunday School for youth in 9th—12th grade is at 11 am in Room 108, on the lower level of the church building. For more information about Senior High Sunday School please contact Pastor Barry Petrucci. Currently on summer break.
- Sunday Night Youth Group is for youth in grades 6-12. All are welcome to come together on Sunday nights from 7 - 8:30 pm for games and worship geared just for teenagers. Youth Group meets in Fellowship Hall, on the lower level of the church building. CLICK HERE for more information. Currently on summer break.
Classes for Adults:
- Encountering the Word is a 5-week lunchtime Bible study led by Pastor Jess, every Tuesday in August beginning August 2. This class will meet in the Wesley Room #218, on the upper level of the church building, at 12:30 pm. Bring your lunch, your Bible (any translation), and a pen and paper.
- Upper Room Bible Study meets at 9 am in Room 209 (Upper Room), on the upper level of the church building. This class uses the Upper Room daily devotional publication, exploring weekly Bible verses together. The Upper Room is currently on summer break. Upper Room devotional booklets are available at the church.
- The Wired Word discusses current events through a faith lens. There are two options for this class every Sunday morning:
- The Online class meets at 9 am on Zoom. Contact class facilitator Kathy Willhite at email@example.com for the Zoom link.
- The In-Person class meets at 11 am in Room 218 (Wesley Room)
- Currently on summer break. The weekly article will still be emailed to all who are interested. If you would like to receive the weekly Wired Word article please email Kathy Willhite at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about Adult Christian Education classes at Portage Chapel Hill please contact Director of Discipleship and Communication Tonya Boot.
Small Groups: CLICK HERE for a complete list of current small groups at Portage Chapel Hill
To continue to ensure a safe environment for all, please comply with the following controls when at Portage Chapel Hill Church:
- Face masks are optional.
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home.
- All persons who are eligible are expected to be vaccinated and are encouraged to get boosters as recommended.
- All persons should refrain from hand shaking and should regularly use hand sanitizer or wash hands in the facilities provided.
- Persons should maintain 6’ physical distance between family groups where able.
- Persons should get tested if you have symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19
- Questions may be directed to email@example.com.