Discipleship For All Ages
Fall Schedule Begins Sunday, September 19, 2021
In-Person and Livestreamed Worship at 10 am
Christian Education for All Ages at 11 am
- Nursery for infants and toddlers is available from 10 am—Noon every Sunday in Room 205 on the upper level of the church building.
- Children In Worship happens during 10 am worship for kids in Preschool—4th grade. Kids will start in the Sanctuary with their families for the beginning of the worship service, then they are invited to go outside to the playground after the Children’s Time message. Adults may pick up their kids on the playground after worship, or they may stay for the Sunday School hour. In case of severe weather, Children In Worship will be moved into Fellowship Hall.
- Sunday School for kids in Preschool—6th grade happens at 11 am on the playground. The group will start this time together and then go to smaller break-out groups based on age, remaining outside. Adults are asked to pick up their kids on the playground at Noon. In case of severe weather, Sunday School will move into the Sanctuary.
- For more information about Children's Ministries please CLICK HERE or contact Chapel Hill's Director of Children's Ministries Andrea Trantham.
- Confirmation for youth in 7th—8th grade is at 11 am in Rooms 114/115, on the lower level of the church building. For more information about Confirmation please contact Pastor Jess Davenport.
- Senior High Sunday School for youth in 9th—12th grade is at 11 am in Room 108, on the lower level of the church building. For more information about Senior High Sunday School please contact Pastor Barry Petrucci.
- Sunday Night Youth Group is for youth in grades 6-12. All are welcome to come together on Sunday nights from 7 - 8:30 pm for games and worship geared just for teenagers. Youth Group will be meeting outside on the church lawn for as long as Michigan weather permits. CLICK HERE for more information.
Classes for Adults:
- Upper Room Bible Study meets at 9 am in Room 209, on the upper level of the church building. This class uses the Upper Room daily devotional publication, exploring weekly Bible verses together.
- The Wired Word discusses current events through a faith lens. There are two options for this class every Sunday morning:
- The Online class meets at 9 am on Zoom. Contact class facilitator Kathy Willhite at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
- The In-Person class will meet at 11 am in Room 218 beginning Sunday September 26.
- Adult Connection meets at 11 am in Fellowship Hall. This is an informal time for conversation and fellowship.
- For more information about Adult Christian Education classes at Portage Chapel Hill please contact Director of Discipleship Tonya Boot.
Small Groups: CLICK HERE for a complete list of current small groups at Portage Chapel Hill
Portage Chapel Hill Church is committed to following the guidance of state and local health officials.
- If you are feeling unwell please stay home.
- If you are eligible to receive the COVID vaccine you are expected to do so.
- Face masks covering nose and mouth are required for everyone aged 2 and up at all times inside the building, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are not required for outdoor activities at this time.
- Questions may be directed to email@example.com.