Discipleship For All Ages
Summer is just about here, and many groups and classes will be on summer break, or have a different schedule in the summer. If you have questions about Chapel Hill's summer class schedule please contact the office at email@example.com or call (269) 327-6643.
- Nursery for infants and toddlers is available from 10 am—Noon every Sunday in Room 205 on the upper level of the church building.
- Children In Worship happens during 10 am worship for kids in Preschool—4th grade. Kids will start in the Sanctuary with their families for the beginning of the worship service, then they are invited downstairs to Room 109 after the Children’s Time message. Adults may pick up their kids in Room 109 after worship, or they may stay for the Sunday School hour.
- Sunday School for kids in Preschool—6th grade happens at 11 am in Room 109. The group will start this time together and then go to smaller break-out groups based on age. Adults are asked to pick up their kids from Room 109 at Noon.
- For more information about Children's Ministries please CLICK HERE or contact Chapel Hill's Director of Children's Ministries Andrea Trantham.
CLICK HERE for information about Vacation Bible School!
- Confirmation for youth in 7th—8th grade is at 11 am in Rooms 114/115, on the lower level of the church building. For more information about Confirmation please contact Pastor Jess Davenport.
- Senior High Sunday School for youth in 9th—12th grade is at 11 am in Room 108, on the lower level of the church building. For more information about Senior High Sunday School please contact Pastor Barry Petrucci.
- Sunday Night Youth Group is for youth in grades 6-12. All are welcome to come together on Sunday nights from 7 - 8:30 pm for games and worship geared just for teenagers. Youth Group meets in Fellowship Hall, on the lower level of the church building. CLICK HERE for more information.
CLICK HERE for information about Kalamazoo Service Project, a week-long service project partnering with the youth from Kalamazoo 1st UMC.
Classes for Adults:
- The Book of Ruth Bible Study is a 5-week Bible study beginning Tuesday, April 26. Pastor Barry will be leading this class, which will be held on Zoom from 6:30 - 8 pm each Tuesday evening through May 24. CLICK HERE to register.
- Upper Room Bible Study meets at 9 am in Room 209 (Upper Room), on the upper level of the church building. This class uses the Upper Room daily devotional publication, exploring weekly Bible verses together.
- The Wired Word discusses current events through a faith lens. There are two options for this class every Sunday morning:
- The Online class meets at 9 am on Zoom. Contact class facilitator Kathy Willhite at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom link.
- The In-Person class meets at 11 am in Room 218 (Wesley Room)
- The Wired Word will be on summer hiatus after May 22. The weekly article will still be emailed to all who are interested. If you would like to receive the weekly Wired Word article please email Kathy Willhite at email@example.com.
- For more information about Adult Christian Education classes at Portage Chapel Hill please contact Director of Discipleship and Communication Tonya Boot.
Small Groups: CLICK HERE for a complete list of current small groups at Portage Chapel Hill
To continue to ensure a safe environment for all, please comply with the following controls when at Portage Chapel Hill Church:
- Face masks are optional.
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home.
- All persons who are eligible are expected to be vaccinated and are encouraged to get boosters as recommended.
- All persons should refrain from hand shaking and should regularly use hand sanitizer or wash hands in the facilities provided.
- Persons should maintain 6’ physical distance between family groups where able.
- Persons should get tested if you have symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19
- Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.