What is the church's COVID policy?
Portage Chapel Hill Church is fully reopened for in-person worship and group use.
- Every person aged 2 and up is required to wear a face mask covering nose and mouth at all times while inside the building, regardless of vaccination status.
- If you are inside the church building and eligible for vaccination, it is expected that you have been vaccinated. If you are eligible but not vaccinated we ask that you continue to worship and participate in small groups online.
- We encourage people to maintain social distancing inside the building, and to sit in family units while in the Sanctuary for worship. We ask that social gatherings happen outside.
If you have any questions about what Portage Chapel Hill is doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 please call the office at (269) 327-6643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you having in-person worship? Yes!
All are welcome to attend in-person worship! For now we are maintaining one worship service at 10 am on Sunday mornings. Nursery will be available. Masks will still be required for all, whether you are vaccinated or not. All those who are eligible for the vaccine are expected to get vaccinated. We will not be opening up our coffee service yet, but you may bring your own coffee, tea, bottled water, etc.
Portage Chapel Hill is committed to following the guidance of local health officials. We ask for your continued patience and understanding as we navigate this difficult situation.
Where can I find online worship?
Even though we are back to in-person worship, livestreamed services will continue. Portage Chapel Hill's worship is streaming on our Broadcast Page, Facebook Page, and our YouTube Channel. Worship services are available at 10 am each Sunday morning and remain online for viewing later in the week.
Where can I out what's happening in worship (aka, the Order of Worship)?
When you come to church in-person, an usher will give you a Connect Card. The Connect Card has the Order of Worship on one side and a listing of news and events on the other. If you are worshipping at home you can download the Connect Card by going to pchum.org/connectfromhome.
Are you offering anything for the young folks in my life?
Yes! Nursery for infants and toddlers, Sunday School for kids in Preschool - 6th grade, Confirmation for 7th and 8th graders, Senior High Sunday School for youth in 9th - 12th grade, and Sunday Night Youth Group for youth in Middle School and High School. We've got something for everyone! All the information can be found at pchum.org/discipleship.
What are you offering for the adults in my life?
There are Sunday Christian Education classes and a variety of small groups for adults. All the information can be found at pchum.org/discipleship.
What can I expect when I come to worship at Portage Chapel Hill?
- We have two parking lots: one off of Oakland Dr. and one off of Romence Rd. The Oakland Dr. parking lot is closest to our main entry doors and our accessible entry doors, but both parking lots and all entry doors will be open.
- For now our coffee service will not be available but you may bring your own coffee, tea, water, etc.
- Everyone age 2 and up is required to wear a mask, regardless of vaccination status. If you don't have one there will be masks available.
- We expect that everyone who can be vaccinated will be vaccinated before coming to the church building.
- Singing is allowed, but again, everyone needs to remain masked with face masks covering both your nose and mouth.
- Dress in whatever makes you most comfortable. Some folks come in their Sunday best, some folks feel more comfortable in jeans and T-shirts. The choice is yours!
- Portage Chapel Hill is a church which values the presence of children in all spaces. So, while we have opportunities for kids outside the Sanctuary during worship, kids are also welcome to stay in the Sanctuary during the service. Crying babies and chatty youngsters are all welcome!
- We encourage visitors to make themselves known to either Pastor Barry or Pastor Jess, but if you'd rather stay anonymous while you check us out, that's ok too! There are a variety of greeters and church staff members who are always available to answer questions.