What is the church's COVID policy?
Portage Chapel Hill Church is fully reopened for in-person worship and group use. Face masks are optional.
To continue to ensure a safe environment for all, please comply with the following controls when at Portage Chapel Hill Church:
- If you are feeling unwell, stay home.
- All persons who are eligible are expected to be vaccinated and are encouraged to get boosters as recommended.
- All persons should refrain from hand shaking and should regularly use hand sanitizer or wash hands in the facilities provided.
- Persons should maintain 6’ physical distance between family groups where able.
- Persons should get tested if you have symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19
If you have any questions about what Portage Chapel Hill is doing to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 please call the office at (269) 327-6643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you having in-person worship? Yes!
All are welcome to attend in-person worship! For now we are maintaining one worship service at 10 am on Sunday mornings. Nursery is available. All those entering the building who are eligible for the vaccine are expected to get vaccinated and are encouraged to get boosters as recommended. We will not be opening up our coffee service yet, but you may bring your own coffee, tea, bottled water, etc.
Portage Chapel Hill is committed to following the guidance of local health officials. We ask for your continued patience and understanding as we navigate this difficult situation.
Where can I find online worship?
Even though we are back to in-person worship, livestreamed services will continue. Portage Chapel Hill's worship is streaming on our Broadcast Page, Facebook Page, and our YouTube Channel. Worship services are available at 10 am each Sunday morning and remain online for viewing later in the week.
Where can I find out what's happening in worship (aka, the Order of Worship)?
When you come to church in-person, an usher will give you a Connect Card. The Connect Card has the Order of Worship on one side and a listing of news and events on the other. If you are worshipping at home you can download the Connect Card by going to pchum.org/connectfromhome.
Are you offering anything for the young folks in my life?
Yes! Nursery for infants and toddlers, Sunday School for kids in Preschool - 6th grade, Confirmation for 7th and 8th graders, Senior High Sunday School for youth in 9th - 12th grade, and Sunday Night Youth Group for youth in Middle School and High School. We've got something for everyone! All the information can be found at pchum.org/discipleship.
When is Vacation Bible School?
2022 Vacation Bible School (VBS) is called "Discovery on Adventure Island!" There will be two sessions of VBS: a Beginners VBS for kids in Preschool - Kindergarten on June 27 - July 1 from 10 am - Noon, and VBS for 1st - 6th Graders on July 11 - 14 from 6 - 8 pm. Get more information, and register your child, at pchum.org/vbs.
What are you offering for the adults in my life?
There are Sunday Christian Education classes and a variety of small groups for adults. All the information can be found at pchum.org/discipleship.
What can I expect when I come to worship at Portage Chapel Hill?
- We have two parking lots: one off of Oakland Dr. and one off of Romence Rd. The Oakland Dr. parking lot is closest to our main entry doors and our accessible entry doors, but both parking lots and all entry doors will be open.
- For now our coffee service will not be available but you may bring your own coffee, tea, water, etc.
- We expect that everyone who can be vaccinated will be vaccinated before coming to the church building. We encourage everyone to get boosters as recommended.
- Dress in whatever makes you most comfortable. Some folks come in their Sunday best, some folks feel more comfortable in jeans and T-shirts. The choice is yours!
- Portage Chapel Hill is a church which values the presence of children in all spaces. So, while we have opportunities for kids outside the Sanctuary during worship, kids are also welcome to stay in the Sanctuary during the service. Crying babies and chatty youngsters are all welcome!
- We encourage visitors to make themselves known to either Pastor Barry or Pastor Jess, but if you'd rather stay anonymous while you check us out, that's ok too! There are a variety of greeters and church staff members who are always available to answer questions.