Season of Lent
- Palm/Passion Sunday, March 28: View the service any time by clicking HERE
- Maundy Thursday, April 1: 6 pm Come To The Table Shared Meal with Communion on Zoom. *Registration is required -- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Good Friday Tenebrae Service, April 2: Video stream will be available HERE at 7 pm. A Tenebrae service involves gradually extinguishing light until there is darkness.
- Easter Sunrise Service, April 4: In-person worship outside in Chapel Hill's Memorial Garden at 7 am -- face masks will be required
- Easter Worship, April 4: Livestream will be available HERE at 10 am
Lenten Mission Project
For the Season of Lent, Portage Chapel Hill Church will be giving a special treat to families in the Kalamazoo area who are housing foster kids. We will be putting together a "Dinner and a Movie" kit for each family. Our goal is to provide a special night for 20 families.
The list of wanted items includes:
- Restaurant Gift Cards or Door Dash/Grubhub cards in $20 denominations (locally-owned restaurants are encouraged!)
- Individually wrapped snacks, such as popcorn or chips
- Juice boxes or individual kid-sized waters
- Movie streaming gift cards, such as Redbox, Amazon, Netflix or Hulu
- Handmade notes of support and well-wishes
The official date to drop off your items was Sunday, March 28, but you may still bring in your donations to the office this week!
If you have any questions please email Andrea Trantham at email@example.com.
Journaling Through Lent
Journaling Through Lent is a spiritual practice for all ages, compiled by Chapel Hill's Directors of Discipleship and Children's Ministries, Tonya Boot and Andrea Trantham. Click on the link below to download a PDF document which includes writing pages, scripture, and projects designed to help you connect with God during the season of Lent.
CLICK HERE to download and print your Journaling Through Lent kit!