Season of Lent
Ash Wednesday Worship
- February 17 at 5 pm on the Broadcast page
- Drive-Through Imposition of Ashes from 6 - 6:30 pm
The Ash Wednesday Worship service will be broadcast online beginning at 5 pm on Wednesday February 17. The service will last approximately 45 minutes. Afterward, all are welcome to come to the church at 7028 Oakland Dr. in Portage from 6 - 6:30 pm for a drive-through imposition of ashes by Pastor Barry and Pastor Jess. If you are unable to come to the church on February 17, you may pick up ashes to take home and use during the worship service. Pick-up times are:
- Sunday, February 14 from 8 - 9:45 am and 11 am - Noon
- Monday, February 15 from 9 am - 2 pm
- Tuesday, February 16 from 9 am - 2 pm
- Wednesday, February 17 from 9 am - 2 pm
Lenten Mission Project
For the Season of Lent, Portage Chapel Hill Church will be giving a special treat to families in the Kalamazoo area who are housing foster kids. We will be putting together a "Dinner and a Movie" kit for each family. Our goal is to provide a special night for 20 families.
Each week of Lent we will be collecting a specific type of item to include in the kit. Please hold onto all the items until Palm Sunday, March 28. On Palm Sunday there will be a drop-off time so you can deliver the items to the church at 7028 Oakland Dr. in Portage.
- Week 1 (February 21): Restaurant Gift Cards or Door Dash/Grubhub cards in $20 denominations
- Week 2 (February 28): Individually wrapped snacks, such as popcorn or chips
- Week 3 (March 7): Juice boxes or individual kid-sized waters
- Week 4 (March 14): Movie streaming gift cards, such as Redbox, Amazon, Netflix or Hulu
- Week 5 (March 21): Handmade notes of support and well-wishes
You may drop off the items you have collected to the church on Sunday, March 28 from 9 am - Noon.
If you have any questions please email Andrea Trantham at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journaling Through Lent
Journaling Through Lent is a spiritual practice for all ages, compiled by Chapel Hill's Directors of Discipleship and Children's Ministries, Tonya Boot and Andrea Trantham. All are welcome to pick up journaling kits which include writing pages, scripture, and projects designed to help you connect with God during the season of Lent. So that we know how many kits to prepare, you are asked to register online. You may pick up your journaling kit at the church on Sunday mornings from 8 - 9:45 am and 11 am - Noon (the building is closed during the 10 am worship hour), or during office hours Monday - Thursday 9 am - 2 pm and Friday 9 am - Noon. There is also an option to have a kit delivered right to your door!
If you cannot get to the church to pick up your Journaling Through Lent kit, CLICK HERE to print your own.