Season of Lent
Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, February 22
Lenten Devotional - Writers Are Needed!
Chapel Hill will once again be putting together a devotional for Lent, and all are invited to help. If you enjoy writing and would like to share your gift with others from this congregation, please consider writing an entry for the Lenten devotional. This year's theme is "Picture This." Here's what you need to know:
- Each day of the Lenten devotional will have a word associated with it. When you register, go through the list of available dates and find a word that speaks to you.
- Find a picture that goes with your word and that is meaningful to you. It can be a personal photo or a stock photo from the internet or something in between - you choose.
- Write your devotional and add your photo using THIS TEMPLATE. Aim for between 175-250 words.
- When you are done, email your devotional entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct any questions you may have to Tonya Boot at email@example.com
- CLICK HERE to see a sample devotional entry.
- CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND PICK YOUR WORD
Ash Wednesday Worship
- Wednesday, February 22 at 7 pm
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of a period of reflection and penance, as we prepare for the death and resurrection of Christ. During this worship service the pastors will impose ashes on all who wish to receive them, on their forehead or back of the hand, as a symbol of our mortality.
Sign up to Receive the Lenten Devotional
Sign up to have the daily Lenten Devotional delivered right to your email inbox each day beginning Wednesday, February 22 through Easter Sunday, April 9. To receive the daily devotional please email firstname.lastname@example.org.