Ministry and Service Opportunities
Responding to Congregational and Community Needs
Meals on Wheels Did you know that 10 million seniors in America face the threat of hunger? And 1 in 4 seniors lives alone in isolation. So many of these individuals are homebound and rely on the volunteers from Meals on Wheels to bring them a meal and a smile. Our local Meals on Wheels is in desperate need of volunteers. Volunteers work in teams of 2: one driver and one meal “runner.” The runner takes the meals to the door, and also helps with navigation for the driver. Volunteers are scheduled for a 2-hour shift, once every six weeks. Meals are delivered Monday-Friday, 11am-1pm. Donate your lunch break and make a difference in the lives of seniors in our area! For more information please contact Carolyn Pesheck at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Donations Needed for The VA
As our Parish Nurse, Jan Manske continues her work at the Battle Creek VA Medical Center on the psychiatric unit, she is collecting supplies that the veterans require but which are not provided by the hospital. Donations can be placed in the bin in the Narthex and items are for both men and women, ages 18-80 and include: Hairbrushes, Conditioner, Hats - both knit & ball caps, Wide-toothed combs, Socks - fuzzy with grips & regular, Body wash, Tee shirts, Alcohol-free deodorant, Gloves, Thin-lined markers, Sweatshirts & sweatpants, Tank tops.
Coffee News - Can You Help?
Volunteers Needed! Do you have a few extra minutes on a Sunday morning? The team in charge of the coffee cart could use your help! We could use people to refill the pots, restock the cookies, and help with clean up. We could occasionally also like to offer homemade cookies or some other treats. What can you do to be a part of this practical aspect of hospitality? Please email email@example.com to sign up!
Ministry with Community
The Third Sunday of the Month is the scheduled time for Chapel Hill to serve lunch at Ministry with Community. Volunteers are needed to fully staff the meal service. We begin table setting around noon, and then food preparation as needed. Our service to the Members is from 1:30 to 2:30pm. If you would like to be part of this ministry, please contact George Dunn, 269-720-1526, or firstname.lastname@example.org, additional information. There are tasks for everyone. The only stipulation is that you must be over the age of 13.
Opportunities to help refugee families in the Kalamazoo/Portage area
1. If you want to be a FOSTER PARENT/FAMILY to a refugee child or teen: Nancy @ 269.389.9542
2. If you want to be a HOST FAMILY to a young adult refugee male: Nancy @ 269.389.9542
3. If you want to be an ESL (English as a Second Language) TUTOR to a young adult refugee: Kuse @ 610.425.0412
4. If you want to be an ESL (English as a Second Language) TUTOR to a refugee family: Afifa @ 269.903.5294, or Aram @ 517.2855719
5. If you want to be a MENTOR to a refugee child or teen: Valerie @ 269.303.9123
6. If you want to help TRANSPORT refugees to appointments: Afifa @269.903.5294
7. If you want to donate FURNITURE, household goods, bunk beds, for refugee families: Claudia-- email@example.com
8. If you want to donate money to buy ESL BOOKS for tutoring English to refugees: Afifa-- firstname.lastname@example.org or Vicki-- email@example.com