Put Your Faith Into Action!
At Portage Chapel Hill we value faith, family, inclusion, outreach, stewardship, connection, and social justice. You can help demonstrate these values in the community by getting involved in one of the ministries of the church. Below is a list of service opportunities available for all ages. If you are unable to give of your time, please consider giving financially. To get connected with one of the opportunities listed please contact the church office by calling (269) 327-6643 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Give items for Kalamazoo Coalition for the Unhoused - Chapel Hill is collecting items for folks who call the outdoors home. Needed items are tarps, tents, sleeping bags, blankets, winter coats, gloves/hats, and pet food. There is a collection bin inside the main entry at the church.
- Serving Meals – Package and serve meals with God's Kitchen, every 3rd Wednesday of the month, 5 – 6 pm, at Portage Chapel Hill.
- Refugee Resettlement – Provide rides or childcare for the Afghan family being sponsored by Portage Chapel Hill. Contact the office to get connected - email@example.com
- Blood Drives – People are needed for set-up, guest registration, hospitality, food and tear-down at the Red Cross blood drives hosted by Portage Chapel Hill, scheduled 4 times per year. Next blood drive is Saturday, April 8.
- Help for the Unhoused – Chapel Hill's Faith In Action Team (FIAT) wants to form a new Action Team which would be focused on providing assistance to the homeless community in Kalamazoo county. There are several local organizations already doing great work in this area, and Chapel Hill's new Action Team would coordinate and partner with these groups to help grow this ministry and extend its reach. If you are interested in being part of this ministry, please contact FIAT chairperson Richard Derenne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- YWCA Domestic Assault Shelter – Diapers and baby formula are always needed! You can bring donations to the church.
- Refugee Resettlement – Money in the Refugee Resettlement fund is used for groceries, furniture, car repairs, and more, for refugee families who are being sponsored by Portage Chapel Hill. Give online at pchum.org/give or write a check listing “Refugee Resettlement.”
- Other – Give online at pchum.org/give to any other ministries, such as God’s Kitchen, the Food Pantry, Helping Hands Fund, Anti-Racism Fund, Youth Ministry, Children’s Ministry, or the General Fund.