Sunday Night Youth Group
Sunday Night Youth Group - Postponed, please see letter from Pastor Jess Davenport below.
- All youth in 6th - 12th grades.
- Socially-distanced, outdoor fun! Pastor Jess has planned outdoor games, art, and service projects for the youth of Chapel Hill. There will also be time set aside to talk about faith, as it applies to the lives of today's youth.
- Portage Chapel Hill Church parking lot - 7028 Oakland Dr., Portage. The planned service project will take place in Chapel Hill's Community Garden, located on the property just to the South of the church building.
- November 1 from 5-6:30 p.m. -Postponed
- November 15 from 5-6:30 p.m. (Rain date: November 22)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
Postponing Youth Group 11.1
We are going to postpone our youth group gathering for this upcoming week 11.1.20.
Some youth that attended on 10.18 will still be self isolating this upcoming Sunday evening, and, due to the proximity of the last exposure, postponement seems like a good idea generally. As COVID numbers rise in our area, our PCHC Guidance Board will be re-evaluating our policies about gathering generally, which might mean we don’t have our last few gatherings scheduled before my leave.
I can appreciate this might be disappointing and an unwelcome possibility for you all and your youth. I feel that way as well; this was a part of my new job for which I was most excited. I’ll also say for myself, this last week was quite a scare. It’s hard knowing that even following the guidelines from our healthcare professionals (like the Drzick family did) and CDC gathering guidelines (like we did at youth group), we are still at risk. That risk feels significant, as I’m sure it did to those of you who had to isolate this week and coming week.
Please know I am committed to figuring out a way for us to move forward together in the upcoming months and years. It seems like we have a while to go before we can gather how we’d most like to, and I know there is a way to gather that is safe, in line with health guidelines, and Christlike. It might take a beat to figure that out together.
Please reach out if you need to!
- All youth are welcome! Chapel Hill is a church where all are welcome.
- Face masks are required. If you do not have a face mask, one will be provided for you.
- Your temperature will be taken upon arrival. If you are feeling unwell, or have been exposed to anyone who has been ill, we ask that you not come.
- You will be outside; please make sure you are dressed appropriately for the weather.
- You may be doing activities or service projects that are messy, such as painting or gardening; please wear clothing that can get dirty.
- All Youth Group meetings are chaperoned by two Safe Place-certified adults.
- Adults may drop off their student, or they are welcome to stay!
WHO'S IN CHARGE:
Pastor Jess Davenport may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The church office may be reached by email at email@example.com or by calling (269) 327-6643.